Do you know the benefits of eating papaya? Well, I didn’t until recently when I suddenly wanted to try it. I do remember that I thought it was gooey and yucky growing up and wouldn’t go near it. There was no way you were getting me to consume paw paw, as we call it. No thanks, mom!
So with the evolution of my smoothie-making since getting the Magic Bullet, I started to take notice of this fruit. I read a few bloggers who love and swear by it and got even more curious. Then one day I reached for a can – YOLO stylez. Yes, the can; I’m not ready to buy and cut the actual thing up. Baby steps, folks. I’m actually very proud of myself to be dedicating an entire post to it.
When I started adding it to my smoothie, I realized how yummy it is. It doesn’t really have much of a distinct taste that would gross you out and it blends beautifully to help give a nice consistency.
As I continued to enjoy the addition, I started to wonder about the true benefits of the fruit; like do I REALLY need to add it to my smoothie anyway? So I hit up everyone’s trusted pal Google, and was pleasantly surprised. WOAH…. HOLY benefits Batman! I’m only going to list a few of the ones that I found on Medindia that I think would be appropriate for me and what I’m looking for:
Skin – it helps get rid of infections, acne and cuts that don’t heal quickly.
- Cholesterol – it helps lower blood cholesterol levels and contains enzymes that help prevent heart disease.
- Anti-aging – it contains antioxidants that control premature aging.
- Weight loss – low in calories and high in nutritional value, and can be easily added to your weight loss diet.
- Immunity – rich in Vitamins A and C that help boost immunity.
- Menstruation – helps with cramps and regulating
- Cleanser – mixed with cucumber and green bean juice, it cleanses the colon.
Well, aren’t I glad I gave in to my curiosity? I will continue to include the chunks to my daily green smoothie as part of my overall health benefits and look out for any improvements I may notice. I have noticed that my annoyingly brittle nails are much, much stronger, and do attribute some of this improvement to my daily green smoothie intake. Adding papaya can and will only make it all the better.
Do you use papaya as part of your daily consumption? What other ways do you use it? I know in soup to be a common way. Leave your comments below!